Welcome to the Borough Green Primary School website.
Our School Vision
Our children: healthy, happy individuals who make the most of what they have.
This page expands on our vision as we believe that our children need to develop the courage and confidence to face any challenges.
Four important components in this development are:
Children need to be: physically and mentally healthy, able to take decisions and deal with any challenges. To achieve this they will require: a range of skills, courage, adaptability and determination.; Each child is at the centre of this “Circle of Courage”, which has four elements:
- Children must feel safe, secure and happy, being confident in the adults around them and confident in the consistency of expectations within our school community.
- Our school has a strong and distinctive ethos based on equality of opportunity, inclusivity and respect for each other. The school is a welcoming part of our local community and promotes teamwork.
- We will support individuals and families the best we can.
- Physical, emotional and mental health are recognised as key factors in promoting each child’s sense of belonging and security
- High quality teaching and learning enable our children to acquire a wide rang of academic and personal skills.
- Our children should be self-controlled and should seek to achieve personal goals rather than superiority
- We have a broad curriculum that recognises and promotes skills and achievement in the arts, sport, and technology as well as academic areas.
We will seek out, recognise and celebrate the success of individuals, teams and our school community.
- We want our children to take decisions; to be responsible for their own success, and understand that there are consequences for inappropriate actions
- Our children should be able to set themselves challenging targets that extend their personal best in a wide range of areas.
- We will encourage teamwork and mutual support; we help each other to succeed
- We want each child to be self-disciplined and make the best of what they have.
- We want our children to contribute to supporting others locally, nationally and internationally
- We want our children to ultimately feel able to give even cherished things to benefit others
- We will promote the concept of “service to others”