Hidden behind Borough Green High Street… BGPS school is fortunate in having wonderful facilities and spacious grounds.
The original building, dating from 1911, is well maintained and has:
- a heated, enclosed swimming pool used by all children in Terms 1, 4, 5 & 6;
- a well-equipped library;
- a bank of laptop computers that allow flexible usage via a wireless network;
- our Reception classes have the benefit of a dedicated outside learning area that allows our youngest children to experience their learning both indoors and out. This is very important in fostering our children’s active participation.
Our large hall is used for a variety of activities including: gymnastics, school plays, assemblies, yoga, fund-raising events to name just a few. Part of this building also contains our kitchen where school meals are prepared by our own catering staff and are rated 5 (the highest) in the Food Hygiene Rating Scheme in England.
The school’s grounds are extensive with:
- playing fields with traversing wall and trim trail
- netball courts, and three playgrounds
- outdoor heated swimming pool
- a pavilion
- a nature area
- forest school area
- an outdoor classroom with a stage area